Monday, July 7, 2008

Update

We just talked with the vet's office.  Sage is out of surgery.  There was a definite ACL tear, and they didn't find anything they didn't expect.  She is woozy (and I will be after I down a few glasses of what Tad left on my door step), and once she is a bit more alert they will take her out to pee (now don't you want to know the details?).

In the meantime, Murphy has been wandering around the house, looking up the stairs, looking outside, sniffing for Sage's food bowl (it's up on the counter because she could not eat today).  Where's my sister?

I have tried keeping busy.  Mountains of laundry, going to Mud Bay for a stuffed toy, reading trial testimony on an eco-terrorist case out of Sacramento (now if that doesn't keep you entertained, almost nothing will!  It's like watching paint peel).  

Thanks to all of Sage's friends.  Ann who via email is holding my hand, Tad with the vino and stuffed toy, Dr. Bill's call last week checking more on me than Sage (and who is the only vet Sage will listen to...maybe it's because he is a Wyoming fly fishing maestro), my mom always fretting when her daughter frets...

More details later.  

Sage's horrible day.

No comments: