Friday, July 18, 2008

Lulu Bell

I've talked about nicknames before.  One of Murphy's is Lulu Bell.  I haven't a clue how she got it, except there was this fantastic bakery in New Haven named Lulu's that I would stop at on my mad dash to get to classes (it was a bit of a drive from Rye to New Haven).  But the nickname stuck.  How Bell became part of the name I really don't have any idea....attribute that to senior moments.

Murph is hanging in there.  Unlike Sage, she is not staying out in the back yard during the wonderful weather, but she does seem to enjoy her walks in the late afternoon, exploring the neighborhood.  We miss our time walking down to Hidden Lake, though.

The thing about Murph is how gentle she is with Sage.  Sage is still a bit crabby, although each day she seems better.  But she has taken to letting Murphy know she is top dog, and Murph, well, she figures sooner or later Mom will come and tell Sage to knock it off.  And I do.  After all, she is my Lulu Bell.  

Murphy's day and day 10 of Sage's recovery.

No comments: