Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thank God for the Weather

Sage is loving being outside, but as you can see from this picture, she has to be tethered, an anathema to me.  I am not a big leash person as many of you know.  But Sage, amazingly, doesn't seem to mind.  In fact, she dutifully puts her head into the collar, and finds the shady or sunny spot depending on God-Knows-What, and happily plunks down.  It is great, because it gives me a reason to leave the computer and check on her.  My water cooler breaks!

Slowly, she has begun putting a little weight on the leg, although she has discovered a "hot spot," not the stitches fortunately, that she is licking.  Grrrr.  I am trying every trick in the book short of the Elizabethan collar.  Looks good on me, however!

Murphy still seems anxious, although she slept happily on her bed most of the day yesterday.  She then spends the night panting and walking around the house.  I dunno...

But, we're all hanging in there.  Stitches out next Monday.  Can't come too soon!

Murphy's day and day 8 of Sage's recovery.

No comments: