Tuesday, July 8, 2008

R & R

She is coming home this morning.  Bed rest, R & R, only going outside to pee and poop.  Poor girl.  Poor girl.  

I'll sleep with her downstairs (it's cooler downstairs anyway, plus I get to sleep with the dogs...isn't that a great movie title?  Sleeping with Dogs?  Ok, this is really an aside...when Dances with Wolves came out, Silence of Lambs had also been released.  I remember going to one of those huge multi-plex theatres in Westchester County.  Inside, there was an  ➞ with a sign that said Lambs and another ← with a sign that said Wolves.  I loved it!  It was like a little New Yorker tidbit!).  Where was I?  Oh, sleeping downstairs.  I will stay with her until I feel she is comfortable staying downstairs alone, or heck the couch is pretty darn comfortable, and Queen of Camping Equipment I have several dozen foam pads of various thickness, I should be ok.  Plus I can watch late coverage of the Tour de France!  How about it Sage?

Anyway, it will be, I sense, a long recovery process.  But hopefully she will pull through like the trooper she is, and show us signs of her silly self soon.

I want to thank everyone who has called, emailed, written, or simply sent good thoughts our way.  We will continue to need them.  Especially to Tad, Pam, and "the girls" for the gift package....it is healing all of us as I type!

Sage's morning running days are over.  It will be an adjustment for me, but a small one compared to having her walk and do her mad dogs without blowing out her hind legs.  I simply can not wait to have her on a river with me, casting for fish....and watching her do her "River Follies."  Who wanted to catch fish anyway?

Sage's homecoming and Murphy's day!

No comments: