Tuesday, July 15, 2008

And Here's Murphy!

Yes, all the attention has been on Sage, but in the meantime, Murphy has been the stoic older sister.  She sniffs at Sage, trying, I think, to figure out what happened.  And she seems stressed by the changes in the routine: her walks are different, her sister gets more pills than she does (I feel like I am a nurse trying to keep track of who gets what when...and no, I haven't dabbled in Sage's pain meds!).  It must be more than a little confusing to Murph.

But she enjoys the hanging out in the yard and seems to be the recipient of a few more treats than normal, so that must be good.  Plus I am around a lot more (which, hopefully that is good, too, although I may be cutting into her listening to heavy metal music or something).

Sage seems more domineering with Murph.  The snip when Murph pokes her head into Sage's soft crate.  Yesterday when a neighbor and dear friend Mariam arrived with a ramp, Sage nipped at Murph as Murph snuggled up for attention.  She came to see me, Murphy!  The good thing about Sage is she responds so well to my "top dog" voice, and before Murphy knew it, Sage was lying on her back, trying to make nice.  

I can't tell if Murphy enjoyed a weekend at home, but we have many more to go before we can pack up to the trailer.  I have a list of house projects a mile long, but laid back this weekend, enjoyed the weather and the unique moment of simply doing nothing.  Maybe that stressed out Murph.  Probably the first time in her life she didn't have anything on her calendar!

Murphy's day and Sage's day 7 of recovery.

No comments: