Saturday, July 19, 2008

Friday Night Dinner

Friends Ann and Scott called on Thursday: "can you bring Murphy for a walk?"  We met up Friday late afternoon.  Murph got a chance to walk to the lake, stand in the water, I got a chance to talk about Sage, politics, the marvelous weather.  

And then, they gave me two crabs from their day out on the boat on Thursday!  And Ann made a marvelous dipping sauce.  A quick stop at the store for bread, and I was set.  Crab!

Murphy hung around, sniffing as I cracked, Sage realized something special was happening and laid down under my feet while we watched, yes, the Tour de France.  A feast!  And it is always great to eat something that was caught in our own Puget Sound. 

Many thanks!  I didn't time myself but I think I broke the World's land speed record for eating crab!

Murphy's day and day 12 of Sage's recovery.

No comments: