Thursday, July 10, 2008

Long Day

No pics, sorry.  I was so tired yesterday I am not sure I knew where my camera was.  I didn't sleep all night on Wednesday.  Murphy seems stressed out by Sage's stitches, band-aid, drugs.  So she wandered the house, all night, panting.  Sage slept.  I didn't.

New plan for last night, which seemed to work.  Sage slept in a "soft crate," Murphy stayed downstairs, and I slept in my bed.  I can at least open my eyes this morning.

Today we return to the vet to remove the compression band-aid.  I think Sage will be happy with that, although the whole process of keeping her from licking her stitches begins.  Yikes!

But she seems, in the the current vernacular, fired up and ready to go.  She wants to be outside, and with this weather, who wouldn't?  So I finally put her leash under a free weight I have, and let her sleep outside late yesterday afternoon.  

Hopefully today I can find my camera, but don't count on it.  It will be busy today!

Thanks again to everyone for all the support.  Especially Scott and Paula who were willing to drop everything to help.  It is a long haul!

Murphy's day and Sage's 2nd day of recovery.

No comments: