Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Long Nights

Murph is now a mystery to me.  The past several weeks she has wandered for four, maybe five hours every night.  I have tried everything, but she still wanders.   And like a mother, I can hear every pant, every nuzzle, every walk.  She finally calms down somewhere between 1:30 AM to 3:00 AM.  And when I finally come downstairs, she is snoring.  

Poor Sage, must get as little sleep as I do during the night.  But then, she can sleep all day.

I know, or I think I know what it is, that she is changing, losing her sense of the world, she gets scared.  And when Murph gets scared there is nothing that calms her down.  I sat with her last night, for a half hour, trying to get her to sleep.  The minute I left, she popped up, and wandered.

It breaks my heart.

Murphy's day

No comments: