Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Simple Life

Well, it's still all the talk.  How much did he spend on what?   I realized how lucky I am living a fairly simple life.  Few complications, and certainly not spending $4,000 for...


Murphy, Sage, and I truly enjoy the simple things.  Yesterday, while on our late afternoon walk, I saw something, about 30 yards ahead on the creek.  My first thought was Great Blue Heron.  But I'd never seen one on the creek, and immediately told myself it was my eyesight.  More than likely it was a log, a branch, or even a kid.  Just in case, I asked Sage to walk with me.  We slowed down, and stayed on the trail.  Sure enough, it was a heron.  Absolutely gorgeous.  I leashed up Sage and the three of us inched closer.  But we still spooked it.  The heron pulled on its huge wings and shot, almost straight up into a hemlock branch.  It stared at us as we walked underneath.
A moment of wildness.   As I think back to the walk along the creek, I realize how much we were enjoying the walk.  It was soothing and exciting at the same time.  Later on the same walk we ran into our friends and enjoyed talking about our dogs, new "toys" for our adventures, and even gossiping about politics.


I feel for folks, like the governor of New York, who have to make their lives so complicated.  And in the process, hurt folks around them.  It really is too bad that he could not find joy in the creek, the heron, the dogs, the sunlight, running into friends.


 A simple life.

Murphy's day.

No comments: