Sunday, March 30, 2008

Snow Falling on Daffodils

As I was working at my desk on Friday, I looked out my window and imagined being a researcher in Antarctica.  If I owned a copy of Happy Feet I would have put it on, strapped the snowshoes and voila, the total effect!

The dogs slept through the storm, by the time we left the house for our late afternoon walk, while it was still  cold, the snow was gone.

I love this time of year.  The contradictions.  Snow and daffodils.  Resurrection and crashes (ok, I don't like the crashes).  Pouring rain and glorious sun.  

The pups, they stay constant.  Wild storms, they still want a long walk.  Beautiful spring day, another long walk.  If only we could be so steady, so predictable.

Murphy seems to know better weather is on the way.  After a troubled past few weeks, she is walking better, enjoying the smells, nose straight in the air.  She seems to be settling quicker.  And that's what spring is about...growth, renewal, feeling better.

Murphy's day.

No comments: