Friday, March 28, 2008

Dog ESP

I would never describe myself as "new age."  Sorry Shirley McLain!  But I do believe dogs sense things.  For instance, when I first moved back to Seattle I was happily settled on the couch, watching the Mariners in the play-offs (ah, yes, there was a time the Mariners fielded a competitive team) and Riley the Wheaten and Murph began to stir, in fact, both became agitated.  Then the Earth rumbled, and we were in the middle of an earthquake.  They are my weather/earthquake/mailman Early Warning System.

More importantly, the dogs sense things about me.  When I am under stress, in particular, they become more attentive.  

This morning, when I got back from my run, I got on the floor to stretch.  Murphy came over for nuzzling, then Sage scrambled in, licking, tail thumping against my arm, cuddling.  Did they know I was thinking about grave and important stuff?  The cuddling gave me energy, made me smile and even giggle (hard to giggle at 6:30 AM!).  Dog ESP.

Murphy's day.

No comments: