Thursday, March 27, 2008

Shouldn't Life Imitate Lab?

As I write this, it is a cold, wet, March morning.  When I woke up, rain was pounding my south facing bedroom window.  I wanted to pull the covers over my head, roll over, and tell Sage we were staying in bed.  But no, I got up, and a half hour later we were in the rain, plodding down 34th NW.

Of course, Murphy has it right.  Find a patch of sun, or in her case this morning, a warm corner of her bed, and sleep.  At least until toast and breakfast time.

Really, shouldn't life imitate lab?  There would be no wars, ok, maybe a small growl from Sage, but that would be it.  There would be kindness, empathy, more tennis balls, a shortage on bread, lots of employment in toaster factories, and to quote a cowboy song: "the sky would be sunny all day."

Murphy's day.

No comments: