Friday, March 21, 2008

Little Miss Sunshine

Spring.  Of course, Seattle welcomes it with a brisk cold wind, ominous dark clouds, and weather forecasts that sound like winter.  But, I noticed a neighbors bright yellow Forsythia and tulips are beginning to pop up in my garden.

For the past few days, as the weather turned from sunny and warm to this cold, Murph began to have a pronounced limp.  Even giving her the full dose of her arthritis medicine doesn't seem to be helping.  I turn on the furnace full bore, an unusual thing for me (those who know me know to bring heavy sweaters when they visit!).  

I worry and fret, thinking, no, knowing she is in pain.  I feel it in her.  She walks, halts, doesn't want to move, looks at me, walks a bit more.

My friend Bill said this was the hardest part of Murph's journey.  It is.  

Now, if only the sun would shine and she could find that patch.

Murphy's day.

No comments: