Saturday, August 30, 2008

On Being a Cynic

I got busted on my earlier post about the political conventions.  So sorry about the "exposed" cynicism.  Way too many years doing politics.  I suppose I may never erase the Saturday afternoon around a candidate's kitchen table, as the serious men were discussing polls and strategies.  One of them, now a prominent constitutional law professor here in the Northwest, made a comment about the intelligence of voters.  It wasn't nice.  And I actually felt personally offended.

I think the allure of this campaign, no matter who you vote for, is that each candidate at least seems to believe voters are smart.  Hopefully in the next two months we can feel that way about each other, that no matter who or what we believe on policies, we all believe we want what is best for each other.

See?  Hard to be a cynic when I am so loved by labs!

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend.

No comments: