Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Vets

A trip to the vet for more medications (no insurance, no Rx "drug benefit," a trip can get pricey).  I chatted with the vet tech about Sage: no need to bring her in unless she is not doing well.  Then I talked about Murphy and it seems our vet, Dr. Nancy, is thinking about full time retirement.  She's my age!  Yikes.

Murphy has been with Dr. Nancy since we moved back to Seattle, so it has been 13 years.  As I have said, it is more about managing me than treating Murphy.  The doctor who performed Sage's surgery is at the same clinic, and of course take patients, but I will have to think about all of this.  Maybe, I thought in the middle of the night, a change is good.  A new perspective.

It's tough because the "girls" can only show their preferences, and I know Murph feels comfortable with Dr. Nancy.  Sage doesn't like any of them.  She walks into the clinic, takes one sniff of the stone dog and can not wait to make a bolt for the door.  Keeping her quiet on the scale is impossible.  But Murph, she had a bond with Dr. Nancy (note to all vets, those biscuits work well with Murph).

It seems now, every day, brings a new challenge with Murphy.  My heart just sighs.  But they still both make me laugh, and Sage, well she seems to be moving right along.

Murphy's day.

No comments: