Friday, August 1, 2008

Sage's Middle Name

For some reason I have been noticing that people actually give their dogs middle names.  I rarely even refer to the girls by their last names, as in, Murphy McDonald.  But yesterday morning while I was getting ready to ice my knee (I blew mine out lifting Sage up the stairs, go figure!), Sage came over to me, large hunking rawhide chew in mouth, and wanted to play.  She wiggled, grabbed my arm, trying to engage in the "can not play this while we are in recovery" game of keep away.  I realized Sage's middle name has got to be "cute."  One of her nick names is "bean," so now her name has got to be Sage Cute Bean.  

I think we over did the "oh she is feeling great let's swim" thing last weekend.  Now it has been four days of enforced rest and she seems to be back on track.  Phew.  And I sense she knows it, because she wants to play, the frisky, feisty, what-the-hell-is-going-on-in-brain Sage is back.  

Last night I cleaned Murphy's ears and it seemed, that with that touch, she calmed down.  She laid at my feet for the longest time, something she hasn't done in awhile.  We learn about this aging thing as we go.  Adaptive management.

Cute.  Murphy is gorgeous.  Sage is cute.  They both are loves.

Murphy's day and Sage still healing.

No comments: