Friday, August 15, 2008

Monkey Baby

On the day of Sage's surgery I was more than a little worried.  So I planned things to do, because just sitting in front of my computer simply was not going to distract me.  Ok, I did work, but I did a field trip to Mud Bay, a local pet store.  I like the place because it is not chic, doesn't emphasize dressing up small dogs and looking like Elle Woods in Legally Blond (a great comedy by the way).  Anyway, off to Mud Bay to get Sage a welcome home present.

And I suppose I can not complain about the urban hip youth who dress up their dogs when I bought Sage a stuffed toy so she could have a welcome home present.

She has had monkey baby for a month and has not destroyed it, yet.  An amazing thing for the-dog-who-can-find-the-seam-and-remove-stuffing-in-one-second-flat.  If you know anything about labs, when they greet you they have to have something in their mouths (a trick we should teach politicians, to stuff it?  Hmmmm), and monkey baby is usually the item she finds and brings to guests or me when I walk through the door or when she wants attention.  Sage you're soooooo darn cute.

She has even tried to stick monkey baby in Murphy's ear, the highest lab compliment.  

Murphy's day and Sage is coming right along.

No comments: