Thursday, August 21, 2008

Open Water Swim

I know I shouldn't be, but I am constantly amazed at how many events keep being added to the Olympics.  Ah, I remember the day it was lots of track and field, swimming, and a little bit of gymnastics.  Now, I read yesterday, there are open water swims. 

Yet again, another event Murphy would win.

I remember one summer I threw the ball for her at a park near the Locks.  And she must have missed the ball, because she started swimming for Magnolia.  Many loud "Murphy!!!" later, she turned around, found the ball, and came back.  She used to be amazing in the water.

Sage, perhaps a reflection she is feeling a bit better, came trotting into the kitchen last night, sideways, as if she was doing dressage!  All I needed was a top coat, silk hat, and some music.

I think about Murphy, though.  If there were Olympics for dogs, she would now be a much beloved former athlete color commentator.  With probably lots of enthusiasm for anyone who would run into the water and just go!

Murphy's day.

No comments: