Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to School

I have always home schooled my girls.  I suppose if I wanted to train them for hunting I would have done things quite differently with Sage, since she barely retrieves, but the home schooling got them both the basics.  They can do reading, writing, some math...

There is a man who is training his Golden at a local park.  Apparently she is off for serious hunting training, soon, which entails using a shock collar.  I am not a fan of those things.  I keep thinking there has got to be a way to train a dog to bring a duck back to you without shocking them.  Is there fun in that?

Sage looks at me like I need to get her some back to school clothes, probably a new collar.  The one she wears has been with her for awhile.  She is thinking Blaze Orange, so she can at least think she is a hunting lab!  Orange, she tells me, is the new black.

Off to make their school lunches!

Murphy's day.

No comments: