Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Working Like a Dog

It's an expression I don't think I have ever understood, since my "girls" have never worked!  You know, in the sense of picking up a shovel and digging (however, Murphy has been known to bury her tennis balls and Sage scattered chewies throughout the yard...they both have savings ethic).

But I have been thinking about it in the context of admiring Murphy's willingness to keep on, to always want to go.  And now days, it seems, that is work for her.  But she does it anyway.  Walking to this fishing site, climbing over logs, across slippery rocks, down a rough path.  Sliding down the back stairs to walk around the block.  She has always been willing, but now, it just seems so hard for her.  On the other hand, she doesn't want to give up, and neither do I.  So, we're both working like a dog.  I lift her over the logs, help her on the rocks, walk e v e r  s o  s l o w  across the path.  It's our life, now.

Murphy's day.

No comments: