Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sunset Hill Diet

I think labs have a highly evolved way of torturing us.  Big Brown Eyes.  They stare at you, particularly when they are looking up at you and there are little rims of white.  Ugh.  Pure torture.

Sage is dieting.  Part of her recovery is to lose a weight, so she is not straining her knees.  I am particularly anxious about this so she doesn't have to have surgery on the other knee.

But, like humans, I suspect when you're laying around much of the day, the highlight of your time becomes meals.  And I have to admit, the girls do eat rather well.  Sometimes I feel like pulling up next to their food bowls.

If dieting Sage wasn't hard enough, I am also trying to put weight on Murph.  Poor Sage has to endure watching me coax the big girl into eating one more bite.  Sage stares.  You got the idea...those Big Brown Eyes.  

I keep telling her if we get some weight off we can write a book, go on Oprah, do book signings.  She doesn't seem impressed.  The irony is before I started cutting her back, she wasn't all that interested in meal times.  I suspect because she knew there was food in her bowl.  

It's torture looking at those eyes.

Murphy's day and Hungry Sage.

No comments: