Friday, September 19, 2008

Taking a Break

We're going to take a break for about a week.  Catch our breath a bit.  If there is any news I'll fire up the blog, but right now I just need to take some time to work, think, reflect.

It has been a long 9 months.  Lots of changes in our lives.  Yet the constancy of Murphy and Sage has been amazing.  How Sage responded to the surgery, her toughness and willingness to do "what it takes" to recover.  Murphy's resiliency.  They are my heros right now.   

We want to thank everyone who cares about Murphy and Sage.  The offers of help, the phone calls checking in, the ideas of how to help Murph or comparing notes about Sage.  It does take a village.  The more complicated our lives, the more intertwined with complexity we have all become, it is refreshing to feel the simplicity of people's giving and generosity.  Our tribe is strong.

It's been an interesting experience doing this blog.  I started it just to "see" what blogging was all about.  Recently I checked out Twitter, where you blog about your every movement, which seems quite frankly, scary to me.  It's a whole new world out there.  Those of you who know me well are probably amazed that I even started writing this blog, since I am intensely private person.  While the Twitter idea goes way beyond my ideal private space, this blog has been great.  I hope each of you who reads it enjoys the daily musings of Murphy, Sage, and me as much as I do writing it.  

As the season changes, I know we are about to experience even more tough stuff.  This year, this time of testing, is not through with us yet.  So this pause is about taking a deep breath and getting ready.  

See you in a few days.

Murphy, Sage, and Kim

No comments: