Monday, December 22, 2008

She Would Have Loved This

Snow.  Lots of it.  It snowed again yesterday afternoon.  Cross country skis were taken out, more trips up and down the hill, snowballs thrown...Murphy would have loved it.   She would have been barking up a storm, excited, running behind me as I careened down the hill on my skis.  She would have joined me in loud ya-hoos as we looked out the window, and finally, collapsed from way too much fun early in the evening, hoping it would all be here tomorrow...

I miss her.

Yesterday when we were walking we ran into a neighbor who lives a block west of us (or the ritzy block as I call it).  She lost a chocolate lab about two months ago and is going to get a black lab pup in another month.  She was excited, wondering about raising a pup, again, but clearly thrilled.  She doted on Sage for a few minutes...and we both talked about our girls, how they lived 24/7 with us.  I am happy for my neighbor and look forward to a young 'un in the neighborhood.

Sage went nuts yesterday, also playing, sticking her nose in the snow looking for her ball, scents, or whatever food the raccoons left.  And indeed, she did collapse in her bed pretty early in the evening.  Make that two!

But I miss Murphy.

Murphy's day.

No comments: