Tuesday, December 16, 2008

24°

Of course, my friend Bill reports it's -15° in Wyoming, so why are we so cold here in Seattle?  I thought about this as I walked Sage last night.  I've spent a lot of time in cold places.  24° is quite normal for eastern Washington.  I've been skiing in Montana when it has been way below 0° and of course, New York can sustain a cold spell for quite awhile.  But somehow it seems particularly cold right now.  

But there is some magic in winter.  Looking at the forecasts, seeing snow flakes makes me feel like a child, again, giddy with the thought of romping with Sage, heading for that peppermint hot chocolate (that's me, not Sage).

On the other hand, those flannel sheets and down comforter were awfully hard to leave this morning!

Murphy's day.

No comments: