Thursday, December 11, 2008

Forecast: Snow

Labs believe God made snow just for them.  The evening I brought Murphy home (I lived in New York at the time) there was snow on the ground, in fact, it had been quite the winter so there was a mound of shoveled snow in between houses that we called Mt. Rye Brook.  Murph took one look at that and went nuts, entertaining the neighbors and me by sliding down then running up the mound.

The following December, in a post Christmas trip to Vermont, I let her out of the car along an old Forest Service road and she smelled snow.  She took one look at me and went off, banking off the sides like a NASCAR driver.  Up until last winter, she continued to find joy in snow.

Which is why I always get a excited when I see snow in the forecast.  I think about the joy.  The kids with sleds.  The labs rolling making snow labs, and yes, even me (dreaming of snow shoe trips or skiing).  I think it would be wonderful for Sage to play in the snow.

Come on, let it snow!  We all need a little joy right now.

Murphy's day.

No comments: