Saturday, December 20, 2008

Overall Hill and Arboretum

Yesterday, Sage and I set off in the 4 wheel drive Road Warrior 2 (Road Warrior 1 was my old white Subaru Legacy that conquered everything from icy highways in New York to Stevens Pass in Washington when no one could get through) to take food to my parents.  I have to do hills no matter what, but the old Girl Scout in me threw in Sage's leash and a rucksack in case I had to park and walk.  

Indeed, this new Honda Pilot is a Road Warrior and we were able to go door to door and through the Washington Arboretum.

Sage loves going to my parents.  Mom and I ended up having a nice talk about Murphy.  When I moved back to Seattle, I had Murphy and a Wheaten Terrior named Riley.  I thought my mother, always the proper lady whose houses were various shades of beige, would drift toward Riley, a smaller and less gregarious dog.  But, you know how it is, mothers always surprise their daughters, and my mother and Murph became best buds.  She misses Murphy terribly.  Good thing Sage has a lot of Murphy in her...

Murphy's day.

No comments: