Friday, December 12, 2008

Family, Friends and Neighbors


When I took Sage for a walk on Wednesday early evening, I encountered my neighbor and her daughter.  My neighbor's husband died in March and her two daughters have been quite attentive.  They were heading out the alley.  The car window rolled down, the daughter was driving and asked where's Murphy?  I explained.  Then we spent a little bit of time remembering her, after all Gertrude lived next door to Murphy for 13 of Murph's almost 15 years.  

Then, Sage started howling.  She has never done that before.  

But as I walked around my neighborhood that evening, neighbor after neighbor came over to me and asked about Murphy.  It was amazing and very sweet.

I realized, as I have over and over, just how many friends Murphy made and how many I have because of her.

Thank you all.  So, I made up this little film...my new healing thing to do.

Murphy's day.

No comments: