Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Warm Weather Ahead

My friend Scott casually mentioned it was going to be 90 degrees this weekend.  Here.  Seattle.  I was planning on heading east of the mountains, which means, if it is hot here, it is frying hot over there.  

Indeed, the forecast is for 101 degrees on Sunday.  Yikes!

I love heat, and believe, now days, it is good for Murph and her hips, but, that may be way too hot.

Several weeks ago I bought a stock pond for the same reason I keep the kiddie pool over here.  A place for the girls to cool off when I don't take them down the road to the Wenatchee.  And the problem with taking them to the Wenatchee right now in this hot weather is the river is running full steam.  All the snow still left in the Cascades is coming down (bad for fishing by the way, which is a whole other story).  Murph can't wade when the current is strong and I don't want Sage's bravado to take over, swimming out, and me having to pick her up in Wenatchee or worse yet, at the mouth of the Columbia!

So far, it's been unusually cold all spring.  Looks like warm weather is ahead.  I guess it falls in the category of "be careful what you wish for!"

Murphy's day.

No comments: