Monday, June 9, 2008

Ticks

We love it in eastern Washington.  We didn't go this past weekend, but we love the sage, Ponderosa pine, Aspens.  But we don't love the ticks.

The pups, and even I, seem to bring them home as souvenirs and I spent weeks picking them off like....well, you get the image.  And this despite the Frontline or whatever flea and tick drug I use on them.  

Sage in particular seems to be a tick magnet, simply because she loves to romp in the tall grass.  Murphy, who grew up in New York, home of deer ticks, lyme disease, and all that ugliness, almost seems weary of going anywhere ticks may roam.  It's been a week since we were there, and I spent this weekend still pulling them off the girls.

Which leads me to think the ticks are now over on the wet side.  Ugh.  There could be worse things.  Like the rattlesnakes....

Murphy's day.

No comments: