Wednesday, June 18, 2008

As Good As It Gets

I suspect when I tell folks "Sage is still asleep on my pillows" no one believes me.  I usually get polite smiles or tiny half-laughs.  Here is the evidence.  This is in the trailer, but no matter where Sage is, she feels comfortable snuggling in.  

When I picked her up from Mary, my friend who bred both Murphy and Sage, I held Sage up to my face and said: "I will take care of you for the rest of your life.  I will do everything possible to make sure you have a great life."  Do you think she took me literally?  Maybe she thinks her life is as good as it gets.  I remind her that with Mary, who kept the other female from the litter, she could be living the hi-life, in a gorgeous house, right on Chesapeake Bay, chasing foxes and squirrels through the lovely acreage of land.  Then I look at her, snuggled into my pillows, and think she is doing just fine!

Murphy's day and Sage's most wonderful life.

No comments: