Monday, June 16, 2008

One Day After Father's Day

Murphy's father was a champion.  He certainly gave those genes to Murphy, even though I never "campaigned" her.  She has the heart of an gold medal athlete.  No matter what I have asked of her, she has tried to do it.  Long hikes, swims, waiting patiently at home.  

Murphy's father was a champion.  Her mother was a well loved lab.  Together, they gave me Murphy.  

Happy Father's Day (one day late) to Houston, Murphy's dad.  And of course to all the fathers.  Mine, who loves dogs, and in particular enjoys the joy of life in Murphy.  When my father was in rehabilitation they encouraged visits from dogs.  Riley, my Wheaten, leapt on  my father's bed.  But Murphy, gentle Murphy, slowly walked toward the side of the bed, then rested her muzzle in the crook of Dad's arm.  She then stared at him.  Murphy, gentle Murphy, always gets up to greet him when he visits, and when Mom was in the hospital, slept with Dad in my guest room.  She knows Dads.

Murphy's day.

No comments: