Thursday, June 19, 2008

Simple Joys

You gotta' love the astro turf front lawn for the trailer!  What can I say?  But Murphy loves it, and that is all that matters.

This past weekend she found the sun, let her hips absorb the heat, and seemed to feel much much better.  Really, it is the simple joys for Murphy.

I can think of dozens of examples of Murphy's big heart, but one stands out from this weekend.  I left her in the sun, and walked through the Aspens to get some tools.  I took one path up to the tool shed and another back down.  When I got to the trailer, no Murph.  I called, I looked around the bushes where she sometimes wanders.  No Murph.  Then I realized she probably woke up, sniffed, and went looking for me.  Sure enough, she was at the tool shed.  Labs are totally pack driven, got to be with their human.  We did a slow walk back to the trailer.  Every day she shows me courage, you know, that simple courage, the desire to live, to find a simple joy in each day.  That takes guts.

Murphy's day.

No comments: