Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Why I Love May

Sage isn't a hot weather dog.  She is the first to find shade and water.  A few days ago, when I was running at 5:30 AM she decided she needed to swim, and it was only in the mid-fifties!  Off into the Sound she went, so now she is a biathlete in the morning!

But she does love the nice weather.  She dawdles in the creek, spends time sniffing the bushes and trees, and if she can butt Murph off the back porch, Sage is content laying there watching her domain.

Most of all, she enjoys the garden hose.  In any form.  If it is filling the kiddie pool, watering the yard, or hosing off muddy boots, she loves it.  Obviously the better weather provides more opportunities for playing with the hose.  

Murphy just watches.  She was never a hose dog.  Silly Sage, what does she see in the hose, it's just water spraying at you!

The better weather lures me out.  I eat lunch outside with the girls trying to beg a bite of tuna sandwich.  I peek out the back door just to check on them, then linger, absorbing the heat.  I smile seeing Murphy sleeping underneath the Rosemary.

It's nice to have the season finally change.

Murphy's day.

No comments: