Monday, May 19, 2008

I Feel Good and I Knew That I Would Now!

90 degrees!  Wow.  

Finally in the early afternoon Murph was panting pretty hard, so I took her to the kiddie's pool (aka The Large Drinking Bowl Mom Puts Out in The Summer), and lifted Murphy in it.  Then I rubbed her with the by then luke warm water.  She seemed to love it.  Of course, we were supervised by Sage.

The panting stopped, and she found cool, shady spots to lay down and observe the hot day.  

This time with Murphy has really become about finding solutions.  The thing about labs is they are fairly self-contained.  Need a bath, throw a stick in a lake and they take a bath.  Need a walk, open the gate and they can walk them selves around the block.  They are so devoted they will be back in, oh, maybe five minutes.  

But now, Murph is leaning on me.  Restless, she needs calming.  Fearful of stairs, she wants me to walk with her.  The Queen of Never Needing a Leash, seems to feel more comfortable with her leash on now days.  Too hot, a gentle bath in the kiddie pool.  

It's nice, though.  I can finally give her something other than food in the bowl (and yes, steak bits).  I can show her my love.  Sweet girl, it's ok, it's ok.  Now, doesn't that feel a little better?

Murphy's day.

No comments: