Friday, May 30, 2008

In Two More Days

In two more days fishing opens on Washington's rivers.  Two more days.  Of course, most if not all of the rivers are "blown out" because of snow melt and run-off, but it's the idea, the dream of being on a river.  Two more days.

Murphy used to be a mad dog when I fished, romping in the water, barking for a stick to be thrown, or better, a tennis ball.  Now she is Murphy the sun dog.  She finds a place on the bank, sunning herself, letting the heat warm her hips.  Maybe I am projecting, but I think she simply enjoys being outside, all the smells, and hanging out with Sage and me.  I know Sage and I enjoy looking over our shoulders at Murph, checking on her, finding flat rock or grassy spot to sit down for lunch.  It's all our little rituals that matter.  Time out, time away from the phone, the computer, and hopefully, the stress.  

Two more days.

Murphy's day.

No comments: