Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Barometer rising

Internal barometers.  My knee joints are my barometers.  Super sore in the morning, it must be cold or damp, or both.  

The girls have barometers.  They don't go on-line to check the weather (and after this cold spring, I stopped.  It's like looking for the Mariner's score, just too depressing!), but they know when the weather is changing.  

Or maybe they overheard Scott tell me yesterday that is supposed to get warm later this week!

But they were up at 4 AM, wanting to go out, to hang out in back, before the rains came and they would be stuck inside for a couple days.

Their barometers also register my moods.  Stressed?  They nuzzle more.  Ready to play, they leap around.  Those big brown eyes take it all in, the noses sniff, their ears move to the sounds.  It all registers with them.  And with Murphy's 14 years of experience, she has a memory bank.  She knows all.  A little twitch from me, and she is on it.  Watch out Sage, she is cranky at the Mariners.  

Barometer rising, good weather ahead...

Murphy's day.

No comments: