Friday, May 2, 2008

Calendar Turns

Wow!  Does anyone know where April went?  May 1st brings loud activities at my neighbors: lawn mowers, painters with heavy metal musical tastes.  It must be getting slightly warmer?

I turn my Trout of North America calendar to May.  Arctic Grayling.  Extinct in Michigan, endangered in Montana.  I think of the Big Hole, dreaming of my Montana adventures.  The rivers here in Washington have not begun run-off.  Was it last year the Wenatchee was over the banks, flowing into hotel parking lots and the high school track in Dryden?  Wading may come late this year.  

The weather forecast looks nice for the weekend.  I'll get the "girls" to some sun.  Just sitting will be the major activity.  We have adventures to look forward to in the next few months, and frankly, just getting through April was an adventure even though I rarely left Seattle!

Murphy is ready for her May Day bouquet, noticing the lilac is beginning to show a few flowers.  The calendar turned.  Murphy and I have one more month of our lives together.  

Murphy's day.

No comments: