Friday, May 16, 2008

Snoring

I never would have thought that I would like snoring.  But, when I come downstairs in the early morning, I find myself listening carefully for Murphy.  Her snoring reassures me.  She is comfortable, happy, sleeping.  Deep breaths.  

I top-toe by her bed, walk into the study to begin my day, still listening.  She rarely even stirs.

As I get ready for my run, Sage slowly comes down the stairs, stretching, loudly yawning, as if to make sure I know what an effort she is making to run with me.  Then she ambles over to Murph, licking her ears.  Murph opens one eye, then closes it, ignoring the younger sister.  Murph really doesn't stir until we return and she knows it's her time: time for a walk, breakfast, treats, medicines, encouragements.

But who would have thought that I would enjoy listening to snoring this much?  

Murphy's day.

No comments: