Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Taxes? Who Worries About Taxes?

Tax day.  Murphy slept next to my desk when I did mine a few weeks ago.  Then she listened to me rant about the politicians who want to add taxes for parks, historical sites, grocery bags, transit...poor Murphy.  I sometimes wonder how many rants she has had to endure.  

I joke with them, when I am holding a really tasty treat, as Murph and Sage cock their heads, waiting for me to give it to them.  I say ok girls, now that I have your attention I would like to talk about social security, or Puget Sound transit policy, or the....they sit, patiently, suffering through my joke.

But how nice it must be, to not worry about taxes!  On the other hand, Murphy now, well, she does have her worries.  Her sore bones, the confusion where she is sometimes, not being able to see or hear very well.  I guess I shouldn't complain about having to scratch my head over complicated forms and paying taxes.  Minimal concerns compared to what is happening with Murph.

Murphy's day.  

No comments: