Thursday, April 24, 2008

Changes, Part 3

It was a rough night.  Murphy could not settle down.  Upstairs, downstairs, outside, inside, on my bed, off my bed, on her bed, walking the hallways, down the stairs, at the back door, barking, panting, and Sage growling every time Murphy shifted on the bed.  It was a rough night.

Each change brings anxiety.  I suspect she has a hard time adjusting to the tweaks and twinges of her body.  And like the 4th of July, it is hard to comfort Murph.  During the fireworks on the 4th she'd try to crawl in closets, pawing at anything in her way, panting heavily, each new boom or crack bringing her more stress.  Nothing I did helped her.

I am learning that each shift, each change takes a few days for her to adjust.  She will find calm, soon.  But it was a rough night.  She still seems to be doing fine.  She ate well and seems to be walking without a limp as the weather warms, slightly.  There is something, something inside of her, causing a bit of anxiety.  It's ok sweet girl, I am right here.

Murphy's day.

No comments: