Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Ok, can it be spring already?

Lightening, thunder, rain, hail, snow, did I say rain?  Poor Murphy.  It was so damp and cold every step took concentration.  It never fails it can be sunny and nice until we decide to take our late afternoon walk.  The sky darkened, the lightening struck, thunder, hail, and yes, rain.  We looked at each other, I pulled up my  hood, and out we went.

Projecting on her, I thought she was asking: when will I get the sun, the heat?  The past several nights she has curled up tight against me at, both of us savoring the warmth.  I know I am tired of this late winter weather.  

We're ready for spring, already!

And, as suddenly as we said it, Tuesday brought Murphy sun.  By 7:30 it was beaming into my study and melting the frost off the garage roof.  Wha-hooo!

It's been a long, cold, wet, damp, winter.  A quick glance at the weather forecasts (never reliable here in the PNW) give cause for optimism: warmer weather ahead.  I feel relieved, hopeful that the warmth will help Murph, make it easier for her to move, maybe provide new scents to chase around the yard.  I am not sure if this is her last spring, but I know reaching the next one will mean another winter, another four or five months of cold, damp, ugly weather.  

And how far is it to Arizona?

Murphy's day.

No comments: