Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Mommy doesn't feel good

Lazarus.  Up from the dead.  Man, yesterday I was down for the count.  Yuck.  It was nice enough outside, that I left the back door open for the girls.  But other than getting up to check on them, I was down for the count.

Sage, who normally is the most loving dog, does not do sick.  She hides until she thinks I am feeling better.  Murphy, she used to hover, but now, I think just focuses on how she is feeling.  As she should.

At some point yesterday I heard Murph barking outside.  It wasn't at the back porch, but sounded like it was the side yard.  I got up, went downstairs and outside.  No Murph, no Sage.  I walked around to the side yard, where the infamous deck is, and saw Sage peering under the deck.  Hmmmm.  Sure enough, there was Murphy McGoo, head poking out, barking.  A few minutes after the rescue she was being walked inside by the "sick mommy."  Come on Murph, I really don't feel well, so you're going to stay inside.  No more trouble!

They must wonder, when their routines are broken, when no one is around to "be there" for them.  Did they do something wrong?  Is their world changing?

I am much better this morning, and the girls are back on schedule.  Hopefully, though, no more deck rescues.

Murphy's day.

No comments: