Monday, August 15, 2011

Where is Home?

Since my parent's deaths, I have been examining where I want to be for the next part of my life.  Be = live, reside, call home.  Seattle has grown into a city that I really don't recognize and don't feel especially like it is my home.  And the girls feel much more comfortable in places that are more dog friendly. Don't let anyone fool you into believing Seattle is dog friendly.  We have miles and miles of shoreline yet dogs are not allowed on the beach except for one tiny section, maybe 12 feet, of a park on Lake Washington.  Seattle's famous passive/aggressive residence are notorious for being out of control when it comes to dogs on or off leashes....ok, enough complaining.  However, one of my favorite contemporary writers, Pam Houston, once said: "I never want to live anywhere where my dogs are not loved more than I am."  That's me in a nutshell.

So this weekend I spent in Seattle, but really beginning the process of examining where I want to be.

Stay tuned.

Murphy's Day.

No comments: