Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Magical Day

My friend Richard once said he stopped counting fish he caught (and released) at one...and I have followed his lead on this ever since.  That said, I do remember epic days, when it seems every cast brings a fish to hand.  It's been a long cold summer without much fishing, but on Sunday, I had a magical day.  In only 90 + minutes of fishing, I caught one beautiful fish after another.  It was the kind of 90 minutes I have needed.

And so, with only a few more weeks left, hopefully we can get out.  Sage hurt her front left leg last week, in a game with Annie, so we're trying to keep her still, and hopefully nothing more serious than rest and a little Rimadyl is needed.  I tried to convince her to not climb on all the rocks but she insisted and paid the price on Sunday night with a little stiffness.  Of course, I was stiff, too.  But happy.

No comments: