Friday, November 21, 2008

Weight

Since Sage's surgery I have been trying to get her weight down.  Less weight on the healing leg and less weight on the other knee which has some damage.

This week was, again, another trip to the vet for medication.  Murphy's Rimadyl.  It's our way of keeping Pfizer in business.    Sage, sensing a field trip, had to come.  But when we got to the vet, I wasn't sure she wanted to come in, so I left her in the car.  When I returned, she smelled the bottle, the receipt, sniffed me, then whimpered.  

You want to go in?  I got out of the car, opened her door, leashed her up, and in we went.  She then realized uh-oh.  

I got her on the scale, she'd lost a pound.  This is going to be a long, slow process, I  thought.  She looked toward the counter as she was beginning to make her bolt for the door, so I quickly grabbed a treat and we ran for the car.

So much for weight loss.

Murphy's day.

No comments: