Friday, November 14, 2008

Life Changes

It used to be that Sage would camp out on a bed, upstairs, all day, while I worked in the study.

Since her surgery, she doesn't go upstairs very often.  So she first tries to camp out on Murph's bed until I shoo her off, then she crashed in the study, right behind my chair.

But her new thing is going on errands.  Any time she senses I am going to leave, she is at the door, waiting.  She is my "winglab."  Her favorite is visiting my parents.  When we pull up, she starts whining, pawing at the car door.  She leaps out, runs to the door of their place, tail wagging, looking back at me to make me hurry.  That's my girl I think to myself, smiling.

Life changes.  But consistent with Sage and Murphy is their enormous capacity to care for the humans who care for them.

Murphy's day and Sage, waiting by the back door!

No comments: