Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

I didn't sleep last night.  Not because we celebrate New Year's eve, but because I kept listening for Sage.  Murphy became very stressed with all the fireworks, loud bangs, and Happy New Years being yelled throughout the neighborhood.  The quiet New Years were usually spent in Whitefish, Montana where everyone collapsed after a long day of skiing.  So, as a reflex last night, I laid in bed listening, worrying.  

I must live in a neighborhood of east coast transplants, because the firecrackers began at 9 PM!  Hello!  You live on the "other coast now!"  

But Sage went into her soft crate and I didn't hear a peep from her.  When I came down stairs this morning, finally giving up on trying to sleep, she was on her bed, snoring away.  My guess though if I convinced my friend Scott to take her duck hunting she would panic with the shotgun and be long gone.  Maybe Sage is truly a party animal!

Murphy's day.

No comments: