Monday, September 19, 2011

Sympathy Cards By the Case

"I should be buying sympathy cards by the case, " I said to a friend last week.  Good friends losing parents, a close friend of my parents, and just yesterday I learned my friends Richard and Judy lost their Bassett, Romeo.  Hard on both of them, of course, made even worse because Judy had to be there with Romeo while Richard was driving around the West looking for rivers to fish.  Romeo was Richard's buddy, helped raise their daughter, and provided every one a laugh with his antics.

It is hard on our hearts, to love and lose. And there comes a time in life when it seems every day brings news of another loss.  Years and years ago, a wise woman told me: "to love again after such a loss is a tribute to the love you had."

Murphy's Day.

No comments: