Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cutthroat Lake

A summer tradition for us is to hike into Cutthroat Lake (in the North Cascades).  It's one of the stunning high alpine lakes in the Cascades.  Saturday we left, got to the trailhead in the afternoon, and hiked in.  And it was indeed it was gorgeous.  The dogs leapt into the lake, and I fished (dodging, again, some aggressive mosquitoes.  With the late snow melt, every lake has a bog and bogs bring on mosquitoes.).  Fishing was great, I caught some beautiful Cutthroat trout, dogs had fun, and it was a long day but a great adventure.

Every time I am in  the high mountains, I think of people in my life who I have lost (and of course my dogs).  I feel their spirits soaring in the mountains....it's good for me to get into the high lakes.

We're still over in eastern Washington, home later today.

Murphy's Day

No comments: