Wednesday, September 14, 2011

An Overnight Visit

As many of you know aside from "the girls" my other passion is fly fishing.  I don't get out as much as I would like, and with all the endangered species issues in Washington, fishing can be a frustrating experiences of spending way too much time trying to divine what the fishing regulations will allow you to do.  But, once I am out and on the water, I am usually a happy camper.  It gives me time outside, time with the girls, and time challenging myself.

One of the great things about fly fishing is people who do it like to talk about it.  Long before Facebook, Twitter, and other social media, a professor from Kentucky set up a list serv that over time acquired around 1,000 members from all over the world.  The number has dwindled over the past 15 years, but through that list I have met some wonderful people.  Several artists from Canada, my good friend Bill in Wyoming, and my dear friend Dave Lewis who died two years ago.  From this list serv, a smaller group of us have corresponded over politics, life, and food.  One of my friends, Richard, is on his sabbatical from teaching, winding his way West fishing.  Today I am off to meet him, finally, face-to-face and to journey to Oregon to meet another member of the list.  The girls will stay home, since we're visiting another friend with cats...and we all know where that would end up.

Back home tomorrow, back on the blog on Friday, I hope!

Murphy's Day.

No comments: